Monday, October 24, 2005

I've been thinking about everyone, everyone seems so lonely...

Reading some of my friends' blogs today I found that there seems to be
a sense of loneliness invading people's hearts. It surprised me to
read… to be honest I struggle with feelings of loneliness, or not
belonging, quite often. More than I would like to admit I find myself
overwhelmed with the feeling that my friends are all growing apart
from me and that no one really cares how I feel… and here I find my
thoughts and feelings echoed in the words of people I know. It makes
me wonder, are we all just wondering around hoping and wishing that
someone would reach out and break through the barrier of loneliness
that surrounds us.. only no one does because everyone else is hoping
for the same thing?

We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness.
– Albert Schweitzer

What we don't let out traps us. We think, No one else feels this way,
I must be crazy. So we don't say anything. And we become enveloped by
a deep loneliness, not knowing where our feelings come from or what to
do with them. Why do I feel this way?"
- Sabrina Ward Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment