Friday, June 30, 2006

Can I handle the seasons of my life...

Maybe it is because time seems to have flown by so fast,
Because a thousand yesterdays came and went in the blink of an eye,
That is comes as such a shock to me every time I'm faced with how much things have changed.
People who were strangers have become my closest friends, my supports, my joy
While those I held so close let months go by without talking
And when contact is finally made can't seem to remember where it is that I've been living for the last six months.

I'm stepping over a deep canyon, from one piece of earth to another,
And I fear losing myself in the deep darkness that is between.
I feel the ground of the old life begin to crumble beneath me
Before I find sure footing on the other side.
Should I try and hold onto what I have left of the old
Or do I make the leap and hope that there is solid ground on the other side to catch me as I fall?

"When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take a step into the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen: There will be something for us to stand on or we will be taught how to fly"
-Patrick Overton

No comments:

Post a Comment