Sunday, November 19, 2006

She sits alone with her silent songs...


Lately, I think about South Africa every day.
In 3 weeks it will have been one year since I borded a plane in Toronto and flew across the ocean
Day in and day out my head is filled with vivid memories
Of people, places, experiences from half way around the world.
The wanderlust has returned.

Only this time I don't know how to cure it
Lack of funds keeps me from running away to someplace exotic
(and I have no OSAP to fall back on this time around)

At this point in my life, its as if I cannot fathom staying in one place for any great length of time
The thought of getting up every day and going to the same job
Doing the same things, for an indefinate amount of time
Makes me feel smothered
People say that if you find the right job
That the idea will no longer be suffocating
But I disagree
Because I adore my job
But I still feel weighed down
By getting up, day after day, going to the same place
Doing the same things
Even though this amazing job, that I love
Offers me as much variety as I want to create

Maybe this feeling is not due to the nature of work
But the fact that I let myself get overloaded
So that every day is work
And no days are just fun

Now that I have quit one of my jobs
We will see if it gets any better
If I feel more free

If I don't
I don't know what I'm going to do for the rest of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment