Sunday, February 20, 2005

men are from mars...

So i've had the opportunity a couple times over the last few days to talk with some guy friends of mine about where their heads were at in situations that I had previously only heard/experienced from the girl's perspective. One of them had just told a girl he had been seeing off and on for a while that he had met someone else and thought they should just be friends and the other recounted the story of the start of the relationship between him and my roommate. It made me wonder just how often we attribute a guy's actions to a certain emotion when really he is just doing the 'right thing', how often we think a guy is scum and that he never really cared about us when he is sitting somewhere thinking 'I can't believe that I hurt her, I wouldn't blame her if she never speaks to me again, I can't believe I made such a mess'... how often we sit around analysing situations and actions that really didn't mean anything. Is it really as simple as the 'He's Just Not That Into You' craze says... is it really true that if a guy wants to be with you he will make it crystal clear and if you are reading into unclear situations you are just fooling yourself? Imagine you really believed this and never sat up at night wondering why he didn't want to hang out with you ever again? Can we bridge the gap between how she and he see things?

No comments:

Post a Comment