Monday, November 8, 2004

Listen to sounds of silence...


I'm craving silence. Everything is so noisy lately, not just physically noisy, but crowded with thoughts, people, responsibilities, events... its all swirling around in my head, i can't see to get any peace.

For three months this summer I lived alone. Everyone was worried that I would be lonely, but I realished in the silence. Maybe its selfish to enjoy spending that time alone, but it brought me such peace to have an unlimited amount of time to just sit with my thoughts, contemplating life. I also spent time watching movies, listening to music, or curled up with a book... but quite often just lay rocking in my hammock staring up at the sky thinking, praying, communing with my awesome God...

Nowadays with work and school I barely have time to sit and think and pray, and even if I do three roommates and the rest of the people in my life are sure to interrupt... don't get me wrong, I am so very thankful for my friends and would curl up and die without their love and support... but every so often (like today) I'm longing for those quite summer days of solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment