Thursday, November 3, 2005

who i am is who i want to be...

I like who I am and am becoming, I'm happy with most of the choices I've made, I admire and love my friends and am inspired by who they make me want to be.
But for some reason this does not make me secure.
When a group of my friends get together to drink and go out and I don't feel included I feel abandond and wish that I felt that I was wanted in their group... but if I actually think about it I realize that I don't want to do what they are doing or be who they are becoming.
So why does it still hurt? why does that little voice in the back of my mind tell me that I'm not good enough, when there is a whole other group of people who loves me just the way I am?
Eleanor Roosevelt said that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Is this true? Do I feel this way because I choose to?

No comments:

Post a Comment