Monday, July 19, 2010

Airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars...

Everything comes together so quickly and so seemingly perfectly
Graduation, new apartment, great job
Then as the newness wears off
and you find your place
you start to ask
is this all of life?

I'm in that existential crisis place again
wondering if this is supposed to fulfill me
or what makes up a fulfilling life

I spend days trying to be present as people bind up their wounds
inflicted by this broken world
wondering how God stood by
and watched it get so broken in the first place
questioning if its really fulfilling trying to fix something
so senselessly damaged
or if the fixing is just as senseless

praying Lord have mercy
Lord have mercy on us
clinging to the faint hope that there is a better way
for the people I encounter
and for myself

Its one thing to believe it
another to figure out what it actually looks like
how am I to live my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment