Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Building a Mystery

I've been pondering the mystery and complexity of humanity.
Our soul is inherently a contradiction... both heartbreakingly fragile and fiercely strong.
Each of our actions and words has a meaning that is true only to us based on our individual life experiences - the people we've met, the places we've been, the things we've witnessed.  As I attempt to bear witness to people's lives always asking "what does this tell me?" in the face of what they reveal I realize that the answer to that question is a complex puzzle.  I stand in awe of how experiences that happen outside of us create chemical reactions and electric impulses that fire around around our body resulting in a beautiful mess of thoughts and emotions.
We are a mystery.
God made us in His image.
Nothing is more mysterious than God.

No comments:

Post a Comment