Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Every person, has to leave, has to change like seasons; they have to or they die...


I've actually read about this on other blogs, but the experience of it on Saturday struck me in such a way that I'm going to say it again...
We are at a time in our life where when we say goodbye to people, we don't always know when we are going to see them again. On Saturday afternoon within the space of about two hours, I said goodbye to two of my friends, one for probably two years and the other for four months. The thing that was so unlike me is that I didn't get upset. Am I getting so use to saying goodbyes that I'm becoming jaded to the loss? Its becoming the norm that people I care about are spread out all over the world, and as we start to graduate its only going to become more so, and being finished school its not as if we are all going to end up back in Waterloo when our travels come to an end. The future is so unknown...
"It might be time for you to go. It might be time to change, to shine out. I want to repeat one word for you: Leave. Roll the word around on your tongue for a bit. It is a beautiful word, isn't it? So strong and forceful, the way you have always wanted to be. And you will not be alone. You have never been alone. Don't worry. Everything will still be here when you get back. It is you who will have changed."

No comments:

Post a Comment