Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Darkness Will Not Hide Me

This is a test

Do you really believe what you say you believe
When you say you will meet me where I am
Just how deep will you go to reach me before you turn back

How far into the darkness will you walk beside me
While your soul trembles and your heart breaks
What do I have to do before you go away


This is the answer

You can walk away from me but I will not walk away from you

My soul will tremble, my heart will break, and tears will fall
But even while I shake I will stand beside you in the darkness
Illuminating the path that leads to the light
Praying for the chains to be broken
Waiting to hold your hand when you are ready
To take that first brave step 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.                  [Psalm 139:11-12]


No comments:

Post a Comment